Last Updated Aug 31, 2007 7:54 PM EDT
- BMW found during a cross-country promotional tour that Mini Cooper owners didn't like their car's cupholders and front-seat mechanisms. The company responded by putting bigger cupholders and front seats that are easier to maneuver in 2007 models.
- Netflix is running a contest that will award $1 million dollars to whoever can figure out how to boost accuracy by 10 percent.
- Gateway launched the "Ask, Listen, and Deliver" marketing campaign to attract new customers by soliciting their opinions. As part of the campaign, promotional representatives traveled the country, asking customers what they want. The company is now making some of the requested improvements. Gateway is hoping this "positions the brand as more responsive."
- Consumers are willing to be entertained and engaged, and even choose to participate in an experience that communicates the brand's message.
- Interactivity creates a brand experience that will hopefully communicate the brand message through participation with its customers.