Last Updated May 27, 2011 3:30 PM EDT
If you see these behaviors in your sales manager (or better yet in a sales manager who wants to hire you), I highly recommend that you look for work elsewhere.
Here's a link to the full post:
And here's a quick summary of the 7 habits, along with a brief description. Click on the "habit" to get a more detailed description:
- HABIT #1: Be a Know It All --You're the boss, so you know more than anyone who works for you.
- HABIT #2: Manage Numbers Not People -- The bottom line is important. Employees? Screw 'em.
- HABIT #3: Embrace the Status Quo -- You're in power, so it's in your interests to keep it that way.
- HABIT #4: Divide and Conquer --Get your employees to hate each other rather than hating you.
- HABIT #5: Do It Yourself -- Make sure that you get credit for everything your employees do.
- HABIT #6: Expect Mindreading -- Confused and disoriented employees never pose a threat.
- HABIT #7: Sharpen the Axe" --Be ready to fire underlings at a moment's notice.
- 7 Vastly Overrated Business Books
- The 8 Stupidest Management Fads of All Time
- The 10 Worst Business Books of All Time