Last Updated Sep 21, 2009 3:24 PM EDT
On Friday, CNN reporter Rick Sanchez devoted a segment to refuting the ad:
... we did extensively cover this event ... We didn't promote the event. That's not what real news organizations are supposed to do. We covered the event.He concluded by telling Fox:
You lie.Fox seems to be enjoying the scrutiny of the advertising world ever since a boycott by advertisers of the Glenn Beck show propelled Beck to record ratings. When asked about the Sanchez piece, a Fox executive laughed and said:
"Thank you very much, and a special thanks to Rick Sanchez who has always been a sucker. He's a gift that keeps on giving."CNN later aired an ad (below) in which it rebranded Fox:
Fox News: Distorting, not reporting.Catchy!
- Glenn Beck Revenue Halved by Ad Boycott
- 57 Advertisers Now Boycotting Fox's Beck; Egg Genie Stands By Its Man
- Beck Compares Obama to the Nazis; Ad Boycott List Reaches 46; Viewers at 3M
- Glenn Beck Addresses Ad Boycott: "They Can Take My Job!"; Channels Howard Beale From "Network"
- Glenn Beck Returns From Vacation; Can He End Ad Boycott This Week?
- UPDATED: Glenn Beck's Current Advertisers: Extenze and the "Egg Genie"
- UPDATED: Fox Runs House Ads to Fill Empty Slots in Glenn Beck Boycott
- Conagra, Roche, Sanofi and RadioShack Pull Ads From Fox's Beck
- Geico, Others Join Ad Boycott of Fox's Beck Over "Obama Is Racist" Remarks
- P&G, Progressive Pull Ads From Glenn Beck's Fox Show After "Obama Is Racist" Remarks