Last Updated Jul 28, 2009 2:33 PM EDT
Here's a quick summary of what Seth said.
WHAT IS MARKETING?
- Have a product that people want.
- Tell the truth about the product.
- Have a "remarkable" story... one that other people want to tell.
- There are so many choices, buyers don't need you or your firm.
- There is so much "noise", you can't force people to listen to you.
- The only way to cut through is have other people tell your story.
- It never the buyer's story, it's always the customer's story.
- The story makes the teller (the customer) feel good telling it.
- That's why the customer tells it to your prospects.
Full Disclosure: I often write for SellingPower magazine, the producers of this video, which also has a distribution agreement with BNET for video content.