NEW YORK -- A fire broke on an upper floor of the Trump International Hotel on Columbus Circle in midtown Manhattan early Friday, CBS New York reports.
It happened around 4:12 a.m. Friday when a piece of machinery malfunctioned in an apartment under construction, according to authorities.
The fire forced a partial evacuation of the building, but was brought under control at around 5:20 a.m.
The upper floors were being vented due to carbon monoxide concerns.
One person was treated for smoke inhalation, officials said.
The fire apparently began on the 47th floor.
for more features.