Here's a look at the week ahead on our "Sunday Morning" Calendar:
Monday is Labor Day, a celebration of working Americans, as well as the unofficial last day of summer.
- History of Labor Day (Department of Labor)
- 10 fascinating facts about the Labor Day holiday (National Constitution Center)
- Faith Salie: Don't forget to take your vacation days! ("Sunday Morning," 08/31/14)
- 6 things to avoid buying over Labor Day (CBS Moneywatch, 09/01/17)
On Tuesday, comic and actor Bob Newhart celebrates his 88th birthday.
Wednesday is National Read a Book Day, an invitation to all of us to just curl up with a good book.
- The Greatest Books (thegreatestbooks.org)
- The 100 greatest novels of all time: The list (The Guardian)
- The Greatest Books of All Time, as Voted by 125 Famous Authors (The Atlantic)
- 100 Best Novels (Modern Library)
- 100 novels everyone should read (The Telegraph)
- Books That Shaped America (Library of Congress)
- 38 Years on Books: The Essential Michiko Kakutani Reader (New York Times' Chief Book Critic)
On Thursday, Britain's Prince George, just four years old (and third in line to the throne), sets off for his first day at a posh private school whose motto is: "Be Kind."
- Complete CBSNews.com coverage: The Royals
Friday is National Ampersand Day, when we're all encouraged to replace the word "and" with the ampersand (right there on the top of the "7" key).
- Why designers love the ampersand (Fast Company)
- Why is the ampersand (&) symbol written in multiple different ways in English? (quora.com)
- What character was removed from the alphabet? (dictonary.com)
- Ampersandampersand on Tumblr
- The best movies with "&" in the title (YouTube)
And on Saturday, Britain's Manchester Arena officially re-opens, with a benefit concert to honor all those impacted by the May 22 terror attack.
- We Are Manchester, at Manchester Arena, September 9