Here's a look at the week ahead on our "Sunday Morning" Calendar:
Monday is Anne Frank Day, marking both the 88th anniversary of her birth and the 75th anniversary of the first entry in her diary of her family's life in hiding from the Nazis.
- Anne Frank House, Amsterdam
- "The Diary of a Young Girl" by Anne Frank (Bantam Books)
Tuesday sees the start of the Race Across America, a 3,000-mile bicycle race from California to Maryland.
- Race Across America (RAAM), beginning June 13 (Solo and Team Starts), and June 17 (Additional Team Starts)
- Live tracking of race
Wednesday is Flag Day, a chance to wave the red-white-and-blue on the 240th anniversary of its adoption by the Continental Congress.
- The history of Flag Day (usflag.org)
- Video: Bob Schieffer & band Honky Tonk Confidential mark Flag Day (06/14/12)
To watch James Cagney perform "You're a Grand Old Flag" from "Yankee Doodle Dandy" click on the video player below.
Thursday's the day for the current Congress to play its annual baseball game, which pits Democrats against Republicans in a fundraiser for charity.
Friday kicks off the Monterey International Pop Festival in California, celebrating 50 years since the legendary concert that launched the so-called Summer of Love in 1967.
- Monterey International Pop Festival, June 16-18, at Monterey County Fairgrounds, Monterey, Calif.
- Purchase single-day and 3-day tickets
- Follow @MontereyPop50 on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
To watch Big Brother and the Holding Company (featuring Janis Joplin) perform "Ball and Chain" at the first Monterey Pop Festival in 1967, click on the video player below.
And Saturday is In Memory Day at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, honoring veterans thought to have died prematurely because of their service, but whose names are not inscribed on the Wall.