Last Updated Oct 13, 2008 8:47 PM EDT
It has to do with being fully aware of what makes you you, and consistently honouring those positive characteristics and behaviours.
I know that to perform at my personal best, I have to turn up for life like this:
- I must regularly tell/show those people who are important to me, that they are important to me. Friends, clients, contacts ... everyone.
- I must remain fully aware of my responsibilities as a business owner, partner, friend and parent.
- I must be fully present and available to those people who need my support.
- I must show respect to all people at all times. Poor behaviour in others is not an excuse to follow suit.
- I must make decisions when they are needed, not avoid or divert.
- I must deliver on my promises; be true to my word.
- I must listen more and speak less.
- I must speak up, not step over.
- I must acknowledge what I have, not be concerned with what's missing.
- I must be my best client.