Foley has gotten her hands on an internal memo with the long-winded title, "Are You Ready for Generation Y?: Motivating and retaining Generation Y through managerial paradigm shift and the adoption of Enterprise Social Media tools," which outlines the steps the company is taking. Among them,
- Start a Reverse Mentoring Program To utilize Millennials' confidence, desire for growth, desire for being a part of something and technical skills (a tutoring for older employees program or something along those lines)
- Assign workspace with Millennials in close proximity with one another
- Feedback, Feedback, Feedback: "Though Millennials don't like to be micro-managed, they love feedback."
- Incorporate informal recognition programs: Millennials have "grown up in a system where they are recognized for their achievements, small and large and continuing that in the workplace can be fun and easy."
- Greater incorporation of social media tools and technologies in the corporate setting.