Four months later it's a very different picture. Eighty advertisers have dropped their ads from Beck's show. The boycott started after Beck said President Obama was a "racist" who has a "deep-seated hatred of white people."
Media Matters checked out the Dec. 23 show and found Beck's ad breaks littered with revenue-free ads for the Wall Street Journal (owned by News Corp.), American Idol (ditto) and News Corp itself. It was a similar picture the day before. The news dovetails with a September analysis that calculated Beck's revenue had dropped to below $1 million a week.
Here's the sponsor lineup:
News Corp. (The Wall Street Journal) Twin Draft Guard News Corp. (Fox News Channel) Chattem Inc. (Icy Hot) Superior Gold Group Lear Capital Dish Network Fox (American Idol) News Corp. (Glenn Beck) Tax Masters Knights of Columbus U.S. Chamber of Commerce Fox (24) News Corp. (Fox News Channel) Goldline International, Inc. News Corp. (Fox News Channel) Goldline International, Inc. Tempur-Pedic Management, Inc. News Corp. (Fox News Channel) Lee Daniels Entertainment (Precious) News Corp. (Fox News Channel)Note also that Beck is a spokesman for Goldline, who may or may not be paid by the company.
- Glenn Beck Recants Confession That He's a Paid Spokesman for Goldline
- Glenn Beck Revenue Halved by Ad Boycott
- 57 Advertisers Now Boycotting Fox's Beck; Egg Genie Stands By Its Man
- Beck Compares Obama to the Nazis; Ad Boycott List Reaches 46; Viewers at 3M
- Glenn Beck Addresses Ad Boycott: "They Can Take My Job!"; Channels Howard Beale From "Network"
- UPDATED: Glenn Beck's Current Advertisers: Extenze and the "Egg Genie"
- UPDATED: Fox Runs House Ads to Fill Empty Slots in Glenn Beck Boycott
- Conagra, Roche, Sanofi and RadioShack Pull Ads From Fox's Beck
- Geico, Others Join Ad Boycott of Fox's Beck Over "Obama Is Racist" Remarks
- P&G, Progressive Pull Ads From Glenn Beck's Fox Show After "Obama Is Racist" Remarks