Last Updated Jun 7, 2011 5:01 PM EDT
Needless to say, when you do have a first meeting with a customer, you want be certain that you don't blow it. This post contains the 9 dumb (but very common) errors that screw up initial customer meetings -- along with advice on how to avoid them.
This post is based upon conversations with the following sales gurus:
- Jeffrey Seeley, CEO of the sales training firm Carew International.
- Mark Shonka and Dan Kosch, co-authors of "Beyond Selling Value"
- Mark Sellers author of the book "The Funnel Principle."
- Nine Easily Avoidable Sales Mistakes
- 17 Easy Ways to Increase Sales
- B2B Selling: Can You Win the Game?