If you've got time to kill while commuting to and from work, why not stock your phone or MP3 player with podcasts that can enrich your business brain? Here's a roundup of seven we lurve:
- Harvard Business IdeaCast [iTunes link] Ideas and commentaries from some of the top folks in business and management. Recent topics include Winning in a Turbulent Economy and Get More from IT -- for Less.
- Get-It-Done Guy's Quick and Dirty Tips to Work Less and Do More [iTunes link] Got six minutes? The self-proclaimed Get-It-Done Guy will show you how to deal with HR, set boundaries with your boss, beat procrastination, and more.
- Inspiring Words of Encouragement [iTunes link] Sales legend Zig Ziglar offers tips on staying motivated, improving your self image, overcoming objections, and more in this extensive podcast series.
- Manager Tools [iTunes link] What's the best way to give feedback to team members? How can you delegate and manage projects more effectively? Bottom linke: If you're a manager, you need this podcast.
- Marketplace [iTunes link] If there's a better business-news podcast, I haven't heard it. This public-radio staple covers everything from jobs to the stock market, with every other money matter in between.
- Planet Money [iTunes link] Though not particularly business-minded, this NPR favorite is a must-hear for anyone trying to get a grip on how money makes the world go 'round. It explains difficult concepts and situation (like the mortgage crisis) in plain English.
- The Public Speaker's Quick and Dirty Tips for Improving Your Communication Skills [iTunes link] In each 10-minute segment, host Lisa B. Marshall offers tips on effective public speaking and everyday communication. Sample topic: "How to Be Diplomatic."
Okay, your turn: What podcasts do you listen to while shuttling to and from the office? List your favorites in the comments. Even if they're not all business-oriented, we're still interested.