Last Updated Sep 12, 2008 2:16 AM EDT
Marketing guru Alex Osborn, who coined the term "Brainstorming", together with Dr Sid Parnes, developed the creative problem solving model: the 6 Steps to cre8ive problem solving. Here they are:
- Objective Finding (or Mess Finding): Sensitise yourself to issues that need to be tackled.
- Fact Finding: Gather information about the problem.
- Problem Finding: Convert a fuzzy statement of the problem into a broad statement more suited to idea finding.
- Idea Finding: Generate as many ideas as possible.
- Solution Finding: Generate and select an evaluation criteria and develop the short-listed ideas from Idea Finding.
- Acceptance Finding: How can the suggestion you have just selected be put into practice?
What other elements would you recommend?