Woman Arrested After Girl, 2, Reportedly Eats Chili Powder And Dies
APPLE VALLEY (CBSLA.com) — A 21-year-old woman has been arrested in the death of her boyfriend's daughter after the toddler reportedly ate chili powder.
San Bernardino County Sheriff's officials Sunday received a call about a child suffering a seizure after ingesting the spice in the 20000 block of Cayunga Road.
The 2-year-old girl was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead, officials said.
"The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, Homicide Detail was requested and responded to conduct the investigation," Sheriff John McMahon said in a statement.
An autopsy is pending to determine exactly how the child died.
Following an initial investigation, the girlfriend of the child's father, Amanda Sorensen, was arrested early Monday morning on charges of child abuse resulting in death.
Sorensen was booked at the West Valley Detention Center on $500,000 bail, authorities said.
She is due in court on Wednesday.
for more features.