Watch CBS News

4 Men Hospitalized Following Apparent Overdose At Newport Beach Club

NEWPORT BEACH ( — Four men who overdosed on an unknown substance were found unconscious Friday at a nightclub in Newport Beach.

Officers responded just after 1 a.m. to American Junkie, located in the 2400 block of Newport Beach Boulevard, according to police.

Upon their arrival, authorities located the unconscious men on the floor inside the restaurant and bar.

Paramedics used gurneys to pull the men, who appeared to be in cardiac arrest, out of the building.

An update on their conditions was not immediately known.

CBS2's Kara Finnstrom reported a car was towed from the parking lot, but it remains unclear if it is related to the incident.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.