LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The lawyer for the man who says "X-Men" director Bryan Singer sexually abused him when he was an underage teen in the late 1990s, says on Monday he will name three executives who were also part of an alleged Hollywood sex ring.
Jeff Herman, a nationally-recognized attorney who deals with many cases of sexual abuse, announced the press conference Sunday.
Herman said he will file three lawsuits on Monday and name the Hollywood executives at a 2 p.m. press conference at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills.
The attorney said his client, Michael Egan III, now 31, will attend the news conference with his mother.
At a press conference last week, Egan said men in the sex ring plied young teens with alcohol and drugs and promised them work in TV and movies.
He likened the alleged behavior as being treated like "a piece of meat." He also said he was threatened with physical violence to keep quiet.
An attorney for Singer said Egan's claims about the director were "absurd and defamatory." Marty Singer, no relation to the director, also said he and his client would file a malicious prosecution counter-suit "after we prevail."
for more features.