BIG BEAR LAKE (CBSLA.com) — A large fire continued to burn south of Big Bear Lake Sunday.
By Sunday morning, the Lake Fire had burned more than 16,000 acres since it erupted Wednesday and was 15 percent contained.
Approximately 1,300 firefighters are battling the blaze. Water-dropping helicopters and planes are being used in the fight.
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
Closures Sunday were as follows:
- Highway 38 from Angelus Oaks to Lake Williams
- Jenks Lake Road
- Maple Lane in Big Bear Lake (for fire equipment movement)
- All hiking trails into the San Gorgonio Wilderness
- Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) from Whitewater Preserve to Onyx Summit
Evacuations remain in effect for the following areas:
- All areas east of Angelus Oaks including: Barton Flats, Seven Oaks, Rainbow Lane, Heart Bar, and all cabins and campgrounds in the South Fork area
The San Bernardino Mountains remain under a heat advisory until 7 p.m. Sunday.
for more features.