Watch CBS News

Kobe Bryant Estate Will Get $400 Million After Coca-Cola Buys Full Control Of Energy Drink Brand BodyArmor

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — Kobe Bryant's estate will reportedly be paid $400 million after Coca-Cola on Monday said it would buy full control of the energy drink brand BodyArmor.

The late NBA superstar invested $8 million in the Gatorade rival back in 2014. Coca-Coa followed suit in 2018 by acquiring a 15% stake, and will pay $5.6 billion in cash for the remaining 85% of the company.

In an Instagram post, Vanessa Bryant congratulated her husband and the BodyArmor team on the deal.

"This is 'no pie in the sky'. You did it! Always one step ahead," she wrote next to photos of Bryant with bottles of BodyArmor.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the Kobe Bryant estate will gain $400 million from the deal.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.