LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The 2015 MLB trade deadline was a whirlwind to say the least. Some teams positioned themselves for playoff runs by acquiring players, while others sold their assets in the hopes of acquiring younger talent for future years.
The Dodgers were among those who were buying assets at the deadline, as they completed another trade hours before the deadline on Friday, by acquiring OF Jose Tabata from the Pirates.
The Dodgers gave up recently-acquired Michael Morse in order to get Tabata.
Here is a summary of all the moves that were made at the trade deadline.
- Astros acquire SP Scott Kazmir from the Athletics
- Pirates acquire 3B Aramis Ramirez from the Brewers
- Angels acquire 3B Conor Gillaspie from the White Sox
- Cardinals acquire RP Steve Cishek from the Marlins
- Mets acquire 3B Juan Uribe and INF/OF Kelly Johnson from the Braves
- Royals acquire SP Johnny Cueto from the Reds
- Angels acquire OF Shane Victorino from the Red Sox
- Mets acquire RP Tyler Clippard from the Athletics
- Blue Jays acquire SS Troy Tulowitzki and RP LaTroy Hawkins from the Rockies in exchange for SS Jose Reyes and prospects
- Angels acquire OF David DeJesus from the Rays
- Angels acquire OF David Murphy from the Indians
- Nationals acquire RP Jonathon Papelbon from the Phillies
- Royals acquire INF/OF Ben Zobrist from the Athletics
- Pirates acquire SP Joe Blanton from the Royals
- Rangers acquire SP Cole Hamels from the Phillies in exchange for SP Matt Harrison and prospects
- Yankees acquire 2B Dustin Ackley from the Mariners
- Pirates acquire RP Joakim Soria from the Tigers
- Cardinals acquire 1B/OF Brandon Moss from the Indians
- Giants acquire SP Mike Leake from the Reds
- Dodgers acquire SP Alex Wood, SP Mat Latos, RP Jim Johnson, RP Luis Avilan, and 2B/OF Jose Peraza from the Braves and Marlins in a three-team trade.
- Astros acquire OF Carlos Gomez and SP Mike Fiers from the Brewers
- Blue Jays acquire SP David Price from the Tigers
- Orioles acquire OF Gerrado Perra from the Brewers
- Cardinals acquire RP Jonathon Broxton from the Brewers
- Cubs acquire SP Dan Haren from the Marlins
- Blue Jays acquire RP Mark Lowe from the Mariners
- Twins acquire RP Kevin Jepsen from the Rays
- Pirates acquire 1B/OF Michael Morse from the Dodgers in exchange for OF Jose Tabata
- Rangers acquire RP Sam Dyson from the Marlins
- Cubs acquire SP/RP Tommy Hunter from the Orioles for OF Junior Lake
- Padres acquire RP Mark Rzepczynski from the Indians
- Pirates acquire SP J.A. Happ from the Mariners
- Blue Jays acquire OF Ben Revere from the Phillies
- Mets acquire OF Yoenis Cespedes from the Tigers
for more features.