Watch CBS News

Blaze Damages Structure Housing Chapman University Students

ORANGE ( — An investigation continued Sunday following a blaze that damaged a single-family residence housing Chapman University students.

Orange Fire Dept. Capt. Ian McDonald told CBS2 that no one was hurt in blaze at the home in the 300 block of North Shaffer Street.

The second alarm fire was reported at 8:30 p.m. Saturday. McDonald says the fire was put out about an hour after an initial call was made.

McDonald says nine university students were living in the home, five of which belong to a sorority. The structure, however, was not a sorority house.

No further information was immediately available.

(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.