Summer is a time when you're outside a lot. At times when you're enjoying the weather and a cocktail, you want something that's refreshing and won't weigh you down. Cocktails that use seasonal fruit are a good way to enjoy a refreshing drink on a hot day. Patrick Brazell of Trattoria Bruno's provides some cocktail recipes to try on those hot days.
210 W. Birch St.
Brea, CA 92821
Patrick Brazell has been the lead bartender at Trattoria Bruno's since the popular Italian restaurant opened in 2012. He prides himself in making classic cocktails with a contemporary twist. Here he provides a couple simple and refreshing vodka cocktails that are great for hot summer days.
- 2 oz Wodka Vodka
- 2 oz fresh strawberries
- 1/2 oz balsamic syrup
- pinch of black pepper
- 1-1/2 oz lemonade
- slice of fresh strawberry
- Muddle the strawberries and balsamic syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the ice and the remaining ingredients.
- Shake well and strain the ingredients into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh strawberry.
- 2 oz Wodka Vodka
- 1 oz Limoncello
- 1/4 oz honey syrup
- 1/4 oz lemon juice
- 1/4 oz Aperol Aperitivo
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the first four ingredients to the shaker.
- Rim a chilled cocktail glass with sugar.
- Strain into the chilled cocktail glass.
- Add the Aperol, which will sink in the cocktail.
- Stir before drinking.
Related: OC's Best Rooftop And Balcony Bars
- 5 fresh blackberries
- 1/4 oz Fragoli liqueur
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- 1/4 oz lime juice
- 1-1/2 oz Wodka Vodka
- 1/2 oz egg white (optional)
- 3/4 oz Lambrusco Robanera red
- Combine the first four ingredients in a Boston shaker and muddle gently.
- Add the vodka and egg white (if using).
- Shake dry for five to 10 seconds.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake the ingredients until they are well chilled.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Gently pour in the Lambrusco.
- Garnish with blackberries on a bamboo cocktail still.
for more features.