ORANGE (CBSLA.com) — Two workers suffered burn injuries Thursday in a two-alarm propane fire at a commercial business in Orange.
The Orange City Fire Department was called out to a commercial structure fire at 12:36 a.m. in the 600 block of North Main Street at the Arrowhead Water Company. Fire crews first on the scene reported a large exterior fire with propane venting from a large tank.
Fire crews quickly went to work deploying master streams to combat the fire and protect the neighboring business from the flames, according to Capt. Casey Fieldhouse of the Orange City Fire Department.
The fire was doused in about 45 minutes. A hazmat team also reported to the fire.
Two men in their 30s who were working at the facility sustained moderate burns, and were treated by Orange City Fire paramedics at the scene. They were taken to UCI Burn Center, Fieldhouse said.
The fire, which was determined to be accidental, caused heavy damage to two forklifts, a large propane tank, and an exterior storage container, Fieldhouse said. The fire also caused damage to the wall of the neighboring business, but it did not extend to the inside.
The Orange Police Department responded to assist with traffic control.
The fire was caused by a malfunction during the refueling of a propane tank on a forklift, Fieldhouse said.
The preliminary damage estimate is approximately $75,000, according to Fieldhouse.
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)
for more features.