CHICAGO (CBS) -- A 21-year-old man was electrocuted Tuesday while visiting his family in southwest suburban Burbank.
Family members called 911 shortly after 2 p.m. Tuesday, after finding Nedal Doleh unresponsive in the back yard of the family home, at 8611 S. Meade Ave.
Paramedics transported Doleh to Advocate Christ Hospital, in Oak Lawn, but doctors were unable to revive him and pronounced him dead half an hour later.
"We just found him lying on the floor. I think he probably touched a hot wire that didn't get any attention from yesterday," said Sarah Doleh, Nedal's half-sister. "The power was out last night from the storm."
Doleh's relatives were very upset and angry about his death. They said the power line that electrocuted him came down after a lightning strike during the first round of Monday night's storms. They called 911 to report the downed line, and thought ComEd cut power to the line.
Now they believe that never happened, leading to Doleh's death.
"They said okay you could go and start the generators. There is no problem, it's safe," said Youseff Doleh, Nadel's father.
Neighbor Kamal Jabarin was there too.
"The ComEd guy, he told us it's safe it's ok. I was nervous," said Jabarin.
His family doesn't know why he went into the back yard, but more than 16 hours after the power line went down, they didn't believe they were dealing with a live wire.
Police said ComEd crews were working in the area at the time to repair lines downed by Monday's storm.
Relatives and other residents on the same block said they are frustrated, because they saw a ComEd worker sit in his truck all day, keeping an eye on the area, while a live wire was sitting in the yard where Doleh died.
ComEd released a statement saying, "We are very sorry to learn about this young man's passing and we are working with local authorities to understand the circumstances around this unfortunate incident."
for more features.