Tony Lopez anchors the CBS13 News at 4 pm, 5 pm, 6 pm, 10 pm, 11 pm.
13 Questions With... Tony Lopez
- Where did you grow up? When I grow up--I'll let you know. But if you must know—in the L.A.-area.
- What is your ideal scenario for a day off? Morning trip to the lake with my dog—Afternoon tennis with my son—Evening of wine tasting with my wife.
- How did you decide to be a reporter/anchor? I kept talking out loud and no one was listening—This way, people are forced to listen and I get paid. But if you must know—my oldest brother (Dave Lopez) started in L.A. TV News when I was super young, so I grew up watching him and thought it would be an interesting profession.
- What was your favorite toy growing up? I grew up with 5 older brothers and 2 sisters—so my favorite toy was the one they were done playing with. But if you must know--we built a wiffle ball stadium in our backyard—so that was cool!
- Where is your favorite local place to eat? If it's Italian—and local—I'm there. So you pick the place and we'll go.
- Do you have any pets? Yes, we have a dog and cat and they are awesome! Sebastian is an English Cream Golden Retriever and Rico Suave is our tuxedo cat.
- What is your favorite social media platform? Probably twitter because it's quick and easy to use. Look me up sometime! I'm @tlomedia
- If you didn't work in TV news what would you be doing? I think I'd be teaching. Teachers do incredible work in helping to shape lives.
- What is your favorite season? I like Four Seasons. They always have a great lobby and the pool area is to die for! But if you must know: duh? Summertime!
- Who is the fellow reporter/anchor you text the most? Christina Janes. She is constantly asking me what she can do to become as awesome as me one day. But if you must know: Christina Janes. We text each other every day to make sure we match colors for our newscasts.
- When do you wake up on a workday? Weekend? I get up at the same time every day—8:30am
- Why do you love Northern California? After growing up in always-crowded and hectic L.A.—I love the slower pace in Northern California. It's also so close to amazing destinations!
- Where was your best vacation ever? Probably the one we just took to the Bahamas. I'd go back in a heartbeat!
Follow Tony on Facebook
Thanks for reading CBS NEWS.
Create your free account or log in
for more features.
for more features.