Jimmy Clausen, second-round pick.
Can you believe it?
He lasted though the first round of the NFL Draft on Thursday night, which is a major surprise. Now he might be the prize of the second round.
A quarterback-needy team just might make the St. Louis Rams an offer for the first pick in the second round for a shot at Clausen.
If not, Clausen might fall some. The teams at the top of the second round don't really have a major need for a quarterback. He might not go until Cleveland picks with the 38th pick.
More coverage of the NFL Draft:
That's some fall for a player who was projected as a top-10 pick.
Here's a look at how the second round might go:
33. St. Louis Rams -- Brian Price, DT, UCLA: They need help in the middle of their defense. He can provide it.
34. Minnesota Vikings (from Lions) -- Chris Cook, CB, Virginia: They might have taken him in the first round, but traded that pick to the Lions. They get him anyway.
35. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Everson Griffen, DE, USC: They got the tackle in the first round. Now they come back and take the end.
36. Kansas City Chiefs -- Sean Lee, LB, Penn State: They continue to fix the defense after taking Eric Berry in the first round.
37. Philadelphia Eagles (from Redskins) -- Rodger Saffold, T, Indiana: When in doubt, put a big guy to the Eagles. Some saw Saffold as a first-round pick.
38. Cleveland Browns -- Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame: Can you believe he's still there? They can't either.
39. Oakland Raiders -- Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina: He is a plugger in the middle whose stock has risen in recent months.
40. Miami Dolphins (from Seahawks through Chargers) -- Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas: They need help rushing the passer. Kindle has good speed off the edge.
41. Buffalo Bills -- Bruce Campbell, T, Maryland: They got C.J. Spiller in the first, so now they take someone to block for him.
42. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Bears) -- Nate Allen, S, South Florida: They need to get Sabby Piscitelli off the field. Allen can make that happen.
43. Baltimore Ravens (from Dolphins through Broncos) -- Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama: He's a big kid who will help keep those linebackers clean.
44. New England Patriots (from Titans) -- Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona: They need help at this spot in the worst way.
45. Denver Broncos -- Daryl Washington, LB, TCU: He can slide inside and play in their 3-4 defense. They have to get some help on that side.
46. New York Giants -- LaMarr Houston, DT, Texas: They added a speed rusher in the first round, so they come back and get a power player inside.
47. New England Patriots (from Titans) -- Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson: They need to address their pass rush issues at some point.
48. Carolina Panthers -- Cam Thomas, DT, North Carolina: Have you looked at their depth chart at this position? The local kid can really help.
49. San Francisco 49ers -- Taylor Mays, S, USC: He has size and speed, even if his coverage ability is lacking.
50. Kansas City Chiefs (from Falcons) -- Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois: They need to get a nice complement to Dwayne Bowe.
51. Houston Texans -- Chad Jones, S, LSU: They continue to try and fix the back end. Jones is an athletic safety.
52. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest: They went for help on the offensive line in the first round. Now they come back and address a major need.
53. New England Patriots -- Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame: They need to get some help with the injury to Wes Welker.
54. Cincinnati Bengals -- Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida: You can never have enough pass rushers, even though this kid has some character issues.
55. Philadelphia Eagles -- Colt McCoy, QB, Texas: Hey, Michael Vick won't be there past this season. So why not take a shot on McCoy?
56. Green Bay Packers -- Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, Indiana (Pa.): They need an athletic player to add to their corner mix. This small-school gem is one of those.
57. Baltimore Ravens -- Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma: They need to help at this spot in the worst way. Franks was once considered a possible first-round pick by some scouts.
58. Arizona Cardinals -- Charles Brown, T, USC: They need an upgrade at their tackle spots, so they go for the former USC tight end.
59. Dallas Cowboys -- Vladimir Ducasse, T, Massachusetts: He is a big, raw player who can be groomed for a year or two.
60. Seattle Seahawks (from Chargers) -- Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern: He fills a need. Were it not for an injury, he might have been a first-round pick.
61. New York Jets -- Koa Misi, OLB, Utah: He is a perfect 3-4 outside linebacker. He can help the pass rush.
62. Minnesota Vikings -- Morgan Burnett, S, Georgia Tech: They need to get some help in the back two. It's the only real weak spot on the defense.
63. Indianapolis Colts -- Jon Asamoah, G, Illinois: They would like to get bigger inside and this 315-pound guard can make that a reality.
64. New Orleans Saints -- Navorro Bowman, OLB, Penn State: He has some character issues, but the Saints need his kind of speed.