If the frustation of using a computer has driven you to destruction, you may be suffering from computer rage.
Its road rage on the information super-highway.
Concord Communications, a software company, surveyed 150 network managers.
They found that 83 percent of those surveyed reported abusive and often violent behavior by users as a result of a computer problem.
Heres the breakdown:
- The number one act of rage was breaking a keyboard; 18 percent reported that problem.
- 17-percent said they shattered a monitor while waiting for their computer to repond.
- Another 17-percent admitted to breaking their mouse.
- 4 percent expressed their rage with their feet, kicking-in the hard-drive, giving new meaning to re-boot.
- And, 26-percent committed other minor abuses such as slapping their terminal to fix a stuck cursor.