On Friday, The Early Show anchors whet their palates to sample a great variety of chip flavors and choose they ones they like best as food expert Pam Anderson talks about the different varieties.
Here are the chips profiled on the show:
- Chips with brand flavoring: Herr's - Heinz Ketchup; Jay's - Open Pit Barbecue; and Herr's Old Bay with Seasoning.
- Chips flavored with dill: Herr's – Dill; Lance Thunder - Thrillin Dill Pickle.
- Chips with dip flavors: Kettle Chips - Salsa with Mesquite and Lays' Cool Guacamole.
- Hot chips:- Mama Zuma's Revenge – Habanero; Lance Thunder - Buffalo Wing & Blue Cheese
- Chips with steak and onion - Poore Brothers
- Sour cream and onion chips: Route 11 Sour Cream & Chive; Lance Thunder Wild Sour Cream & Onion; Kettle Chips Krinkle Cut Dill & Sour Cream.
- Lays chips - Original plain potato chips and new reduced fat potato chips
About Pam Anderson:
Anderson considers herself to be a "culinary problem-solver." She is food columnist for USA Weekend and author of three books, "CookSmart," the best- selling "The Perfect Recipe, Getting It Right Every Time" and "How to Cook Without a Book." She is former executive editor of Cook's Illustrated magazine.
Her food articles have appeared in Food and Wine, Fine Cooking, Saveur, Ladies Home Journal, and The Washington Post. She has been featured in US News and World Report. She teaches cooking classes across the country and appears frequently on QVC.