One mother reportedly came forward after recognizing her daughter in the video released by Islamist terrorist group, Boko Haram. The video claimed to show the schoolgirls who were kidnapped by Boko Haram in April.
Nigerian officials showed it to parents of the missing girls to see if they would be able to identify them, reports CBS News' Debora Patta.
It is a slow process, however, as there is not even a conclusive list of the names of all the girls who were taken.
American spy planes are making surveillance flights over Nigeria Tuesday morning. The crews are looking for any sign of nearly 300 schoolgirls or the terror group that abducted them.
Instead of being held hostage, dressed in Muslim attire and chanting Islamic prayers, the girls should have been finishing their final school exams.
Some schools in the north of Nigeria have been closed, but in Abuja, pupils are determined to continue writing their exams despite tight security.
"I feel happy coming to school, but I am worried about the security of the country," one schoolgirl said.
This is not the first time schoolgirls have been abducted. One girl, Hannah, was kidnapped by Boko Haram for over two months last year before she managed to escape. She said a rope was tied around her neck and the beatings were relentless.
"I always thought I was going to die, especially as they beat me so often," she said.
She was forced to go on raids with Boko Haram with ammunition strapped on her back and often witnessed captives being killed. Hannah said she wakes up crying at night as she remembers the horror.
"They led these captives to the rock where they slashed their throats with knives," Hannah said.
There are many stories like Hannah's and this will no doubt be playing on the minds of parents still waiting for their daughters to come home. Boko Haram has offered the girls as a prisoner swap. The Nigerian government has told CBS News that while it does not negotiate with terrorists, a process of dialogue is ongoing.