With warm weather now here, weekend gardeners of all ages can be seen tending to their flowers, vegetables and lawns.
Stephen Orr of House and Garden magazine has found new, contemporary items that not only are practical but also add some color and fun to a garden. Most of the tools range in price from $8 to $112, and are available in catalogs, online and retail outlets.
The most dramatic change is in the traditional terra cotta pots which have given way to plastics and color. Plastic is particularly good for large plants because they are not as heavy as terra cotta. Also, clear plastic allows gardeners to see the roots of their plants.
Among Orr's suggestions are:
- PS SANDSKAR Table. $29
- PS FEJO Plant Pot with Casters. $14
- PS KNEKTO Plant Pots. $8
- PS VINDON Hemmed Fabric. $19
- MYNTA Plant Pot. $59
- PS VALLO Water Can. $1.95
- Power-Lever Anvil Pruner (#9633.) $19.99
- Clear plastic Erbale Plant Holder. $113
- Peep Show Bird Feeder. $22