Last Updated Nov 5, 2008 6:22 PM EST
There are some real opportunities while sitting on a plane. Take it from me --- this month I travelled to Abu Dhabi, Dubai, South Africa, Bahrain and am currently in New Zealand running workshops. This non-stop travel has brought to mind some great ways to make use of all that transit time:
- Read widely and see how other cities/countries approach things. External stimulation and awareness will help you develop new and interesting ideas.
- While on the plane, focus on one key project and/or take stock of what you have achieved and what you need to do in the short term.
- Work on the way to your destination, relax on the way back --- you deserve it.
- Meditate/close your eyes and relax during take off and landing to centre yourself and prepare for what's up ahead.
- Buy an extra battery for your laptop to give you double the power.
- Keep your power cords and skype headphones in a laundry bag for delicates --- the white one with large holes works well. No tangled cords: magic!
- And finally, when you can, switch off the technology, close your eyes and just chill.