Looking to pick up some tips and tricks on the art of successful networking this holiday season? Then you might want to drop in on the event BNET Australia will be hosting with the Australian Institute of Management (AIM) in Sydney on December 2, 2009.
It's being held at AIM's event space in North Sydney, and starts off at 5pm with a free "Accelerate your Networking" panel discussion, hosted by BNET's Phil Dobbie. You're also invited to attend a Christmas party directly after the discussion, at 6pm, where you can test out those newly acquired networking skills (admission to the party is $20 for AIM members and $45 for non-members).
And now, the Christmas giveaway! We have five free tickets to giveaway to the BNET/AIM Christmas Party Networking Event --- for your chance to win one, simply send an email with your favourite networking tip (maximum of 25 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions for the draw are provided below.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY â€" BNET/AIM Christmas Party Promotion
1. Instructions on how to enter and how to claim prizes form part of these conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents. Employees of the Promoter, its affiliates & agencies associated with the promotion (and their immediate families) are ineligible.
3. Promoter is CBS Interactive Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 41 092 094 525) of Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia.
4. Competition commences 17 November 2009 and closes AEDST 5pm 26 November 2009.
5. To enter the competition readers of BNET Australia must respond to the following question (with 25 words maximum) via the designated online entry form for the question outlining: "What is your favourite networking tip?" The five entrants with responses judged as the most informative and insightful by the BNET Australia editorial team will each be awarded a ticket to the AIM Christmas Drinks party on Wednesday, 2 December from 6pm.
6. The judging will take place at the promoter's office, Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia. AEDST 10am 27 November, 2009.
7. The winner will be notified by phone or email Friday 27 November 2009 and published on www.bnet.com by COB Friday 27 November, 2009.
8. The author of the most insightful feedback response, as judged by editors from BNET Australia will be declared the winner. This competition is a game of skill. There are prizes to be won for five winners who will each win a ticket to the AIM Christmas drinks from 6pm on Wednesday 2 December. These are each valued at AU$45. More details about the event can be found here.
9. Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winner will be notified promptly using the contact details provided on the entry form. If the Promoter receives no response from the winner within one day of notification the promoter holds the right to conduct a redraw of the prize at the original place designated for the competition and a new winner will be drawn and notified.
11. Entry into this promotion shall be deemed an acknowledgement and acceptance of these conditions. Promoter accepts no responsibility for illegible, damaged, late or misdirected entries/claims for any reason. Proof of posting shall not constitute proof of delivery. Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of claims and entries and disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, or for submitting a claim or entry that is not in accordance with these conditions. If the competition winner is under the age of 18 the prize package will be awarded subject to approval by their parent or guardian.
13. Promoter shall not be liable for, and takes no responsibility in relation to, any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to written directions or conditions from any other relevant state or authority.
15. If personal information requested on the entry/claim is not provided, the entrant will not be eligible to participate in the promotion. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant agrees to the information provided on the label being entered into a database and agrees that Promoter may use this information, or disclose it to other organisations that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant. Entrants' personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners' names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. All written submissions in response to the competition question become the property of the Promoter.