Here's a look at the week ahead on our "Sunday Morning" Calendar:
Monday is Labor Day, a celebration of America's workers, as well as the unofficial farewell to summer.
- History of Labor Day (Department of Labor)
- Labor Day History (Union Plus)
- 10 fascinating facts about the Labor Day holiday (National Constitution Center)
- 5 things to avoid buying during Labor Day sales this year (CBS Moneywatch, 08/31/18)
- Americans are working less. Here's what they're doing instead (CBS Moneywatch, 06/29/18)
- Here's how to plan the perfect getaway for Labor Day weekend (CBS News, 08/31/17)
- Faith Salie: Don't forget to take your vacation days! ("Sunday Morning," 08/31/14)
Tuesday marks the 90th anniversary of the Dow Jones Industrial Average reaching a peak of 381.17, just weeks before the Great Crash of 1929.
- Stock Market Crash of 1929 (Federal Reserve History)
- The 1929 Stock Market Crash (Economic History Association)
- What Caused the Stock Market Crash of 1929? (History Channel)
- Black Tuesday (National Geographic Society)
On Wednesday, Pope Francis arrives in the African nation of Mozambique, first stop in a three-nation tour that also takes him to Madagascar and Mauritius.
- Apostolic Journey of His Holiness Pope Francis to Mozambique, Madagascar and Mauritius (Sept. 4-10) – Itinerary and live stream
- Follow @Pontifex on Twitter
- Vatican News
- The Holy See (Official Site)
Thursday kicks off the PaleyFest Fall TV Previews at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, named for CBS founder William S. Paley.
On Friday, the rock band Metallica joins forces with the San Francisco Symphony to inaugurate the city's new Chase Center.
- S&M2: Metallica and the San Francisco Symphony at Chase Center (Sept. 6) | Purchase Tickets
To watch Metallica and the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra performs "Nothing Else Matters" during their first S&M concert in 1999, click on the video player below:
And Saturday sees the Women's Singles finals at the U.S. Open Tennis Championships.
Story produced by Derrell Bouknight.