Chef and restaurateur Bobby Flay is a regular on CBS programs, where he shares his creative ideas for unique meals. In honor of Thanksgiving, he uses the seasonal cranberry for his fresh cranberry-fig and cranberry mango sauce.
Bobby Flay's Cranberry Mango Sauce
Combine first four ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 12 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool. Serve at room temperature.
Fresh Cranberry-Fig Relish
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Add onions, garlic and ginger and cook until soft.
3. Add orange juice, brown sugar and honey and bring to a boil.
4. Add half of the cranberries and cook until they pop and the mixture thickens, 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Add remaining cranberries and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the salt, figs and zest. Serve at room temperature.
Get more recipes at Bobby Flay's Web site.