At CBS News our goal is to facilitate interesting and insightful discussions about people, issues and events in the news. To help us achieve this, we ask users to follow some simple guidelines:
- Stay on topic.
- Respect each other's opinions. If you disagree with a comment, feel free to respectfully and politely challenge that comment in a civil manner. Do not engage in personal attacks (including name-calling) on fellow commenters, CBS News staff, or blog authors.
- Don't be offensive. Do not use profanity or post comments that are: libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, harassing, or threatening; that contain viruses or other contaminating or destructive features; or that violate the rights of others, such as content that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secret, or violates any right of privacy or publicity, or otherwise violates any applicable law.
- Don't try to advertise. Do not post comments that contain spam, advertisements, business/self promotional content, campaigns, recruitments, or signature links. If you would like to advertise on any CBS News digital properties, relevant information can be found here: http://www.cbsinteractive.com/advertise/
- Keep it legal. Do not violate any laws or to discuss illegal activities.
- Respect people's privacy. Do not share another person's personal information.
- In case you didn't know. CBS News reserves the right to delete or edit your comments, or to republish your comments on related CBS Interactive sites.
- Want to know more about our commenting system? Check out the handy Commenting FAQpage.