BALTIMORE (WJZ)-- More than 20 people were shot over the long weekend in Baltimore -- on Wednesday, city police were focused on two separate triple shootings.
One of them involved two children at the Latrobe Homes, and police are desperate for tips in that case.
They have released a video (above) of a group of people gathered there Saturday, which shows a gunman opening fire and then running away. The victims, which are all expected to survive their injuries, include a 4-year-old, a 6-year-old and a 61-year-old.
Police have canvassed the area, handing out flyers, but have received no tips.
Officers did make a second arrest in another triple shooting, this one at McElderry Park early Monday morning, which involved a pregnant woman.
They have charged Toniasha Johnson with murder for handing the gun to an associate, Marion Daughton, who they say opened fire, injuring two women and killing a 34-year-old man.
The woman was able to deliver her baby and mother and child, as well as the second woman, are expected to survive.
WJZ has learned that Daughton has a lengthy criminal record, and investigators say both woman are members of the Bloods gang.
Police say these brazen cases of violence underscore the challenges they face daily.
Here's a breakdown of the weekend's violent incidents. Baltimore Police confirm five people have died:
- 1 SHOT: Around 11 p.m. | 22-year-old man walked into hospital suffering from gunshot wounds to the back and arms.
- 1 SHOT: 10:49 p.m. 400 block of West Saratoga Street | 53-year-old man shot in the knee.
- 1 SHOT: Police tell WJZ a victim walked into the hospital suffering a graze wound on Monday night.
- 1 SHOT: 9:45 p.m. 2700 Beryl Avenue | Man shot in the body.
- 1 SHOT: 9:25 a.m. 2100 block of Aiken Street | 16-year-old girl shot in the calf.
- 3 SHOT: 2:00 a.m. 700 Mura Street | 23-year-old woman shot in the neck, 20-year-old woman suffered grazed wound to the arm, man shot in the neck.
- 3 SHOT: 1:00 a.m. 2600 East Monument | 23-year-old woman shot in the leg, 22-year-old woman shot in the abdomen, 34-year-old shot/killed after gunshot wound to the chest.
- 3 SHOT: 10:00 p.m. 2300 Wilkens Ave. | 29-year-old man shot/killed after gunshot wound to the chest, 62-year-old woman shot in the arm, 29-year-old man shot in the leg.
- 1 SHOT: 9:38 p.m. 1600 North Ellamont Street | 21-year-old shot in the buttocks.
- 3 SHOT: 8:10 p.m. 900 McAleer Court | 61-year-old woman shot in the leg, 4-year-old girl shot in the foot, 6-year-old boy shot in the leg.
- 1 SHOT: 1:26 p.m | 4600 York Road | Police find man suffering from gunshot wound near Coldspring Lane. Pronounced dead on Tuesday.
- 1 SHOT: 11:00 p.m. 6100 Shipview Way | 28-year-old shot/killed after gunshot wound to the torso.
- 1 SHOT: 10:20 p.m. 3200 Spaulding Ave. | 32-year-old man shot in the ankle
- 1 SHOT: 6:25 p.m. 4200 Audrey Ave. | 35-year-old man shot in the foot
- 1 SHOT: 8:50 p.m. 1900 Clifton Ave. | 32-year-old man shot in the head. Pronounced dead on Saturday.
Police ask anyone with information to call Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP. Callers can remain anonymous.
for more features.