BALTIMORE (WJZ) – Baltimore is listed as one of the most bed bug-infested city.
Charm City is no. 14 on the Terminix list of the worst cities for bed bugs.
Detroit was at the top of the list, beating out Philadelphia for the first time in four years.
The list of top cities for bed bugs was created by compiling data from the more than 300 Terminix branches across the country. The rankings represent metro areas with the highest volume of calls about bed bugs from Jan. 1, 2015 to Dec. 17, 2015.
"Most of the cities in our top 15 are big tourist and business destinations, making travelers even more at risk for encounters with bed bugs — whether it's on the plane, at their hotel, in a movie theater or riding in a taxi," Paul Curtis, a manager at Terminix, said in a statement. "The name 'bed bug' is deceptive, as these pests can thrive just about anywhere."
Rounding out the top 15 bed bug cities in the United States are:
- Detroit, Mich. (previously 4)
- Philadelphia, Pa. (previously 1)
- Cleveland-Akron, Ohio (previously 15)
- Los Angeles, Calif. (previously 14)
- Dayton, Ohio (previously not ranked)
- Chicago, Ill. (previously 5)
- Columbus, Ohio (previously 8)
- Cincinnati, Ohio (previously 2)
- Dallas-Forth Worth, Texas (previously 7)
- San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, Calif. (previously not ranked)
- Denver, Colo. (previously 12)
- Toledo, Ohio (previously not ranked)
- Oklahoma City, OK (previously not ranked)
- Baltimore, Md. (previously 9)
- New York, N.Y. (previously 3)
for more features.