Charles Bruce Ehrlich of Miami was taken into custody in Las Vegas after a brief hearing before a judge who set his bail at $32,000.
Ehrlich's lawyer, John Moran, characterized Ehrlich as an acquaintance of Simpson's.
"He's not a principal in this thing," Moran said.
Ehrlich, 53, faces the same charges as another defendant - Charles Cashmore - who was arraigned minutes earlier on charges including kidnapping, armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon.
A fifth suspect in the case had surrendered to police on Wednesday, a few hours after Simpson was freed on bail.
Police say Charles Howard Cashmore also turned over to authorities a number of items that are among those allegedly taken in the incident Sept. 13th at a casino hotel in Las Vegas.
Two other defendants, Walter Alexander, 46, and Clarence Stewart, 53, were arrested and released pending court appearances. Stewart turned in some of the missing goods and Alexander agreed to cooperate with prosecutors, authorities said. A fourth suspect, Michael McClinton, 49, of Las Vegas, surrendered to police Tuesday.
The group of five men and Simpson are accused of breaking in to the hotel room and robbing two sports memorabilia collectors of autographed footballs and other items.
Simpson, standing in court in a blue jail uniform and handcuffs, furrowed his brow as the judge read the list of charges against him during a 10-minute hearing.
He answered quietly in a hoarse voice and nodded as Justice of the Peace Joe Bonaventure Jr. laid out restrictions for his release, including surrendering his passport to his attorney and having no contact with co-defendants or potential witnesses.
Simpson did not enter a plea.
Unlike the arraignment in the 1994 killings of his ex-wife and her friend Ron Goldman, when Simpson declared he was "absolutely 100 percent not guilty," Simpson was subdued at Wednesday's court hearing.
"Mr. Simpson do you understand the charges against you?" the judge asked.
"Yes, sir," Simpson responded.