Miriam Carey, Conn. woman, ID'd as driver in U.S. Capitol car chase

This photo comes from what is believed to be the Facebook page of Miriam Carey, who according to multiple police sources, allegedly led authorities on a car chase near the U.S. Capitol on Oct. 3, 2013.

(CBS/AP) STAMFORD, Conn. - The woman who led authorities on a chaotic car chase from the White House to the U.S. Capitol before being shot and killed has been identified by multiple police sources as Miriam Carey, a 34-year-old former dental hygienist from Connecticut. Family members say she may have suffered from some form of depression.

Authorities are still piecing together information about Carey, including identifying a possible motive. The FBI executed a search warrant at Carey's residence in Stamford, Conn., authorities said.

Carey was sued by her condo association in December, but they settled in February. The condo complaint against Carey was unavailable online, and there were no pending criminal cases or convictions associated with her name, court records show.

Carey was driving with her 1-year-old daughter in a black Infiniti with Conn. plates when she flattened barricades outside the White House, hit officers, and then set off a chase down Pennsylvania Avenue.

Connecticut authorities said they wouldn't release details about the car based on the license plate number.

One Secret Service member and a 23-year veteran of the Capitol Police were injured in the incident. Officials said they are in good condition and expected to recover.

CBS News correspondent Bob Orr reports family members say Carey may have had mental issues and CBS News correspondent John Miller reports she was fired from her job as a dental hygienist in April 2012 after a fight with her bosses over using a handicapped parking space they felt she didn't need.

A video of Thursday's incident shot by a TV cameraman from Alhurra showed police pointing firearms at her car before she rammed a Secret Service vehicle and continued driving.

Police said they shot and killed the woman a block away. Her daughter was unharmed.

Police described what happened as an isolated event and said they saw no indications of terrorism.