(CBS News) Ronnie Wood is backtracking over comments he made last week about hitting the recording studio soon with the Rolling Stones.
During Saturday's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Cleveland, the guitarist took the opportunity to clear things up, telling Billboard, "I heard from (Mick) Jagger; he's going, 'What the hell?! We don't know anything yet!' And I said, 'You know what (the media) are like. I just expressed my personal view; I would love to go into the studio.' Then they took it all wrong."
While at a press conference last week, Wood told the media the Stones planned to convene at the end of April to "suss" things out.
When asked directly about a tour and album, Wood, 64, told CBSNews.com, "We're all keen, but it's just a matter of timing and everyone's schedules."
Timing is part of the reason there's been so much talk about a Stones tour and album, as this year marks the band's 50th anniversary. A coffee table book and documentary are in the works for later this year. Still, it's been seven years since the group released a new studio album.
But it's not as if the Stones members have been just sitting around.
Wood recently recorded a new song for CBS' "CSI: Miami " and he's playing a one-off solo concert April 21 at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City, N.J.
Last week, he launched a new art exhibit in New York that runs through June, coinciding with his Rock Hall induction with The Faces.
Check out CBSNews.com's interview with Wood below: