When it comes to health, chiles have an awful reputation. They are popularly thought to cause ulcers, heartburn, and a host of other digestive ailments. In fact though, chiles do not cause these problems, and are actually good for you. Check out these spicy health facts:
- Repeated studies have shown that chile peppers do not harm the digestive system. (Vinegar, which is an ingredient in some sauces, can cause digestive problems in some people.)
- Fresh chiles are very high in Vitamin C.
- Dried chiles have enormous amounts of Vitamin A.
- Chiles have anti-oxidant properties, which means that they help fight cancer.
- Hot chiles can be a great flavor substitute for salt.
- Hot peppers are even reputed to cure migraines.
Hot Sauce Is Hot | Chile Cheesecake?
The Grand Old Man | Measuring The Heat
Hot Is Healthy | Spicy Recipes
written by David Kohn