Circa Restaurant, Philadelphia, PA
1 bunch arugula, washed, crisped, and dried
2 each pears, washed, cored and sliced
2 each lemons, juiced (reserve 1 tsp of zest and 12 sections)
4 ounces water
1 teaspoon honey
2 ounces canola oil
black pepper, freshly milled
1 tablespoon chives, snipped
sea salt, or kosher salt as needed
4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, lightly crumbled
1 pint onion sprouts
1) To prepare dressing, lightly blanche lemon zest in water with honey, cool and reserve.
2) In small stainless bowl combine lemon juice, lemon, honey and zest solution. Add pepper, chives and salt.
3) Whisk in oil and adjust seasonings.
4) Lightly toss arugula leaves in dressing and place in center of salad plate, toss pears and sprouts in dressing and top greens. Arrange 3 lemon sections around plate and garnish with cheese crumbles and black pepper.
1 pound turkey breast, butterflied
2 ounces olive oil
1 tablespoon seasoning salt
black pepper, freshly milled
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 shallot, peeled and minced
1 pound assorted wild mushrooms to include, shiitake, oysters, chanterelles and hedgehogs wiped clean
1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaf
1 ½ ounces brandy
2 ounces Chardonnay
2 ounces Marsala wine
1 tablespoon whole butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
4 each sweet potato gnocchi, servings, cooked, (recipe attached)
1) Flatten turkey breast with mallet and season well with seasoning salt, pepper and half of the olive oil.
2) In heavy skillet sear breast in remaining olive oil turning often. When lightly brown transfer to baking pan with rack and place in 325 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees and reserve for service.
3) Add garlic, shallots and mushrooms to skillet and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add thyme leaf and flambe with brandy. Add Chardonnay and simmer mushrooms for 12-15 minutes over very low flame.
4) Adjust seasonings and finish with Marsala wine and whole butter.
5) To serve, place 4 ounces of gnocchi on plate and top with bias sliced turkey and mushroom confit, top with chopped parsley and serve.
8 ounces sweet potatoes, cooked, milled
4 ounces potatoes, cooked, milled
1 ounce butter
2 egg yolks
3 ounces bread flour
2 ounces semolina
1) Combine the ingredients with as little friction as possible. Do not develop the gluten.
2) Roll, cut, and shape.
3) Cook in boiling salted water until the gnocchi foats to the top.
4) Drain and toss in whole butter and chopped parsley.
3 cups strawberries, washed stems removed and 1/4 diced
2 cups plums, washed, pitted, and sliced
8 ounces water
3 ounces premium Chardonnay
3 ounces red wine, burgundy
2 ounces port
1 cup granulated sugar
1 each mint leaf, cluster
1 each lemon, juiced and grated zest
1 sprig thyme
1) Steep all the ingredients in a double boiler, until the sugar dissolves and the fruit is softened.
2) Chill and add fresh julienne of mint leaf for service.
3) Serve by itself in a bowl or with warm baked shortcakes, chocolate sabayon or green peppercorn & white chocolate mousse ice cream.
You'll find many more recipes from CBS News Saturday Morning in our Recipe Archive.