As students across the country head back to school, "CBS This Morning" is inviting you to share your stories on education in America. We want to hear from you about a favorite teacher, a fond classroom memory, a message to your community's school and more.
To participate, pick a question from the list below and record your answer on video. (You can submit multiple videos.)
Here are the three ways to send it to us:
- Submit your video here
- Post to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #CBSBACKTOSCHOOL
- Direct message it privately to us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- When filming, video must be horizontal, and no longer than 45 seconds. You may self-record (selfie) or have someone record it for you.
- Please state your name, city/state, and grade/occupation at the beginning of the video (Example: I'm Jane Doe from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I'm a teacher at...)
- When answering a question, please do so in a complete sentence. (Example: For the question, "What is the biggest challenge teachers face?" Answer in this manner: "I think the biggest challenge teachers face is…")
- CBS News seeks permission, which may not be revoked, to use your material on all platforms (plus affiliates & international) in all media, worldwide, in perpetuity. By submitting this video, you consent to these terms.
- Tell us about your favorite teacher.
- What would you say to the teacher who had the biggest impact on your life?
- What's the biggest challenge teachers face?
- What are your thoughts on teacher salary?
- What is/was your favorite class and why?
- Teachers, tell us about a moment when you felt valued.
Challenges in education
- What are some of the changes you have seen in school safety? Do you feel they are effective?
- Do you think schools today are a safe space?
- How has bullying affected you?
- What should students be learning in school that they are not? Do you feel that students are learning things in school that will prepare them for the real world?
- What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of standardized testing?
- What's the most valuable thing you learned in school?
Equity and inequality
- Is diversity important to a quality education?
- Is education affordable?
- What is a community's obligation to its schools?
- Are students around the country given the equal opportunity for a quality education?