Watch CBSN Live

Caylee's Grandpa Found After Suicide Fears

The grandfather of slain Florida toddler Caylee Anthony is in stable condition after he was taken to a hospital over concerns that he might be suicidal.

A spokeswoman for the Daytona Beach hospital says George Anthony will be admitted to a hospital room after being observed. Anthony was found early Friday at a Daytona Beach hotel after he was reported missing for several hours.

Police found a suicide note in his car, reports Jessica D'Onofrio, correspondent for CBS affiliate WKMG-TV in Orlando.

Daytona Beach Police Chief Mike Chitwood also told reporters that Anthony sent text messages to family members indicating he "wanted to end his life."

But he told police that he "needed to get away from everything and think things out," Chitwood said.

Just days earlier, Anthony snapped at reporters - the strain showing as investigators revealed more damning evidence they say points to Casey Anthony's guilt, reports D'Onofrio.

The evidence suggests that Caylee's mouth and head had been wrapped in duct tap and, even more chilling, the residue of a heart-shaped sticker on the tape that covered the child's mouth.

Anthony's daughter, Casey Anthony, has been charged with killing Caylee. The child wasn't reported missing for nearly a month after she vanished.

On Wednesday, authorities released a recording of Casey Anthony talking to her parents during a jail visit last August.

Casey Anthony, 22, told her parents she was just as much a victim as anyone else in the case during the recorded visit at the Orange County Jail in Orlando.

At the time, Casey was in jail on charges related to the disappearance of her daughter Caylee. She was charged with first-degree murder in October.

In the video, Casey Anthony cried and got angry when pressed by her parents for information about Caylee's whereabouts. She even threatened to end the conversation.

"This is seriously the first time I've been angry, that I've been frustrated to the point where I can't even think straight at this moment," Casey Anthony said. "The worst part is nobody can see my side and I have to keep my mouth shut."

A utility worker found the 3-year-old's body last December in woods near where she lived with her mother and grandparents. Her mother, 22-year-old Casey Anthony, has been charged with killing her.

The toddler was reported missing to authorities in July, almost a month after she was last seen. Her third birthday passed while she was missing.