(CBS/AP) ORLANDO, Fla. - A defamation lawsuit filed against Casey Anthony can proceed to trial early next year, an Orange County Circuit judge ruled.
Judge Lisa Munyon released her ruling Thursday. Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez claims her reputation was damaged by Anthony telling detectives that a baby sitter by the same name kidnapped Anthony's 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
The Orlando Sentinel reports an issue is whether or not Anthony identified Gonzalez specifically enough when she talked to her parents when they visited her in jail.
Anthony's attorney said details offered by Anthony did not match Fernandez-Gonzalez and clearly showed Anthony wasn't talking about her. Gonzalez's attorneys say she still was damaged as the only person with that name interviewed by investigators.
Fernandez-Gonzalez had never met Anthony. Investigators believe Anthony may have seen the name on an apartment rental application.
During Anthony's trial last year, her attorney Jose Baez said Anthony made up the story about the babysitter and that Caylee truly drowned in the family pool. Anthony was acquitted of murder and other serious charges.
The civil trial is slated for January 2013.