Watch CBSN Live

Brandi Peters, Slain Florida Woman, Was Seeking Owed Child Support Days Before Her Murder

Florida Women Brandi Peters Found Dead, Was Seeking Owed Child Support Days Before Her Murder
Home where Brandi Peters and three children were found dead (AP Photo)

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (CBS/AP) Brandi Peters, who was found dead in her Tallahassee home Saturday along with her three children, had been in court four days earlier seeking child support from the father of their slain 6-year-old twins.

Court records show Antonio L. Anthony, who has a lengthy criminal record, was ordered last Tuesday to sign a final order requiring him to pay $307 per month, plus retroactive child support of $22, 925.

Peters, 27, was found dead along with twins Tamiyah and Taniyah Peters and her 3-year-old son, Joyante Segura.

Although no one has been charged with the killings, police have said that the four slayings are being treated as homicides.

Tallahassee Police Chief Dennis Jones said police refused to release the autopsy results or how the victims died because making those details public might hurt the investigation. Police said Monday that they have spoken to the twins' father, as well as Joyante's father, Henry Segura Jr., who was ordered in August to pay $744 per month and roughly $20,000 in retroactive child support.

Anthony, 44, who has a handgun tattooed on his left arm, has served three prison terms in the past 20 years for cocaine possession, grand theft of a motor vehicle, aggravated assault with a weapon and armed burglary, says the Florida Department of Corrections.

Since Anthony's most recent release in May 2009, authorities had trouble tracking him down and have not been able to find a permanent address for him.

However, as of last week both Peters and Anthony were required by Florida law to inform the court of any address change within seven days.

Peters who also has a criminal record was placed on probation for a year after pleading not contest to simple battery in exchange for a reduction from aggravated battery.

The mother-of-three was placed on community supervision last year for aggravated assault with a weapon and grand theft.

Child welfare officials received a call in November 2005 alleging unsafe conditions at Peters' home, but the case was closed the following month with no finding of an immediate threat to the family, said Department of Children and Families spokesman Joe Follick.