STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Smooth jazz saxophonist Dave Koz stopped by KCAL9 Monday to tell viewers about the new Spaghettini and the Dave Koz Lounge in Beverly Hills!
Spaghettini & the Dave Koz Lounge is equal parts fine dining and live and world-class musical entertainment.
Here's a Spaghettini dish Koz shared:
- 2 pounds mussels
- ¼ cup diced fennel
- ¼ cup diced shallot
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons saffron thread
- 2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 star anise
- 8 cups cream
- 1 orange (zested)
- Sauté fennel and shallots until translucent. Add white wine, saffron and champagne vinegar. Add Mussels and cook until shells open. Add cream, star anise and orange zest. Simmer for 20 minutes. Strain. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12 oz Spaghettini or Angel Hair Pasta
- 8 oz Dungeness crab
- 8 U12 (giant) Shrimp
- Saffron Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fennel Pollen for garnish
- Chives for garnish
- Cook Pasta until al dente.
- In a medium sauté pan, sauté shrimp in olive oil until firm. Add Dungeness crab and toss.
- In a large pot, combine al dente pasta with saffron sauce and heat through.
- Divide pasta onto 4 plates, top each plate with shrimp and Dungeness crab mixture. Garnish with chives and fennel pollen. Enjoy!
for more features.