STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Dr. Andre Berger, author of "The Beverly Hills Anti-Aging Prescription", stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday share anti-aging tips along with home remedies to help you look and feel younger.
- Clean air – get a negative ion device or real plants in your environment to reduce stress. Most importantly, quit smoking and stay away from 2nd hand smoke.
- De-clutter your home – any over stimulation can lead to aging.
- Things like tea bags on your eyes and skin moisturizers are just camouflage, they might help for a few hours, but it will not stop the aging process, as is true for most cosmetic products and many nutritional supplements sold under the marketing term "anti-aging".
- Avoid long, hot showers and cleansers containing solvents like mineral oil or petrolatum, which can strip your skin of its natural oils, drying it out and causing ruddiness.
- Toss out any skincare products with artificial dyes and fragrances, as both are common irritants.
- Once a week, soak a soft cloth in a cup of cold milk (any kind will do), gently wring it out and place it over your face for 5 minutes.
- Eat foods high in natural anti-oxidants such as vitamin C and E and beta carotene, which will mitigate damage caused by free radicles to all our organs.
- Avoid excessive direct sun exposure and UV light cell damage causing photo aging by wearing UVA and UVB sun protection and taking green tea extract.
- Take fish oil rich in Omega -3 fatty acids and trace minerals such as copper and selenium daily from foods that contain them.
- Drink green and white tea.
- Add various herbs and spices into your diet that have anti-inflammatory properties like turmeric, ginger and cinnamon, which reduce cellular inflammation – the common denominator in accelerating the aging process because of the damage inflammation causes that negatively influences the life span of our cells.
- Weight lift and exercise daily to preserve your muscle mass and help preserve strong bones.
- Make a place in your home a sanctuary, so you have a place to chill out and relax.
- Stress reduction and adequate sleep will always enhance attractiveness.
For more information, click here.
Thanks for reading CBS NEWS.
Create your free account or log in
for more features.
for more features.