CHICAGO (WBBM/CBS) -- In about three months, deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich will again stand trial, and he says he has no plans to cut a deal.
As WBBM Newsradio 780's Mary Frances Bragiel reports, in between the fiery rhetoric about his opposition to the recent state income tax increase, Blagojevich spoke about his upcoming trial and continues to proclaim his innocence.
LISTEN: Newsradio 780's Mary Frances Bragiel reports
"This case is upside down. They lied about me. They couldn't prove a single corruption allegation, and we didn't even put a defense on," Blagojevich said.
A jury deadlocked on 23 of 24 counts against Blagojevich last month, convicting him only of lying to FBI agents. Federal prosecutors are going forward with a second trial on the other 23 counts – including allegations that he tried to sell or trade an appointment to the U.S. Senate seat vacated by President Barack Obama.
Blagojevich calls it a "grim" duty to have to prepare and go to trial for a second time on April 20.
"I want to redo my call – release all the evidence to the public," Blagojevich said. "Release the tapes. Release all the FBI interviews. Release all the evidence to the public. The people have a right to know."
Blagojevich says in addition to court appearances, he is working on a second book, and making money from his latest commercial for Wonderful Pistahcios.
for more features.