Last Updated Dec 8, 2009 1:46 PM EST
(Episode 390; 18 minutes 47) I spoke to Nicholas Gruen a month ago about his work chairing the Government 2.0 Taskforce. This week they came up with their recommendations to the government, with a draft report "Getting on with Government 2.0".
I talk to him about the proposals on today's podcast, which include:
- A declaration of Open Government by the government
- Appoint an existing agency as lead agency with overall Government 2.0 policy responsibility
- Make public sector information open, accessible and reusable
- Address issues of copyright, including use of a Creative Commons standard
- Encourage info-philanthropy
Be sure to add your comments on the report, on their site and in the Talkback section here.
Listen to an earlier discussion on Government 2.0 here.