(CBS/AP) SANFORD, Fla. - Nearly two dozen potential jurors interviewed individually by prosecutors and George Zimmerman's defense attorneys during the past week have been told to return to a Florida courthouse next week for further questioning.
Judge Debra Nelson told the 23 jury candidates on Friday, the fifth day of jury selection, to return next Tuesday. She asked them not to discuss the case or selection process with anyone.
Zimmerman is pleading not guilty to second-degree murder, claiming he shot an unarmed Trayvon Martin in self-defense during an altercation last year in a Sanford, Fla. gated community.
Attorneys need to find six jurors and four alternates.
Nelson announced Thursday that the jury will be sequestered during the trial, which is expected to span two to four weeks. The jurors will have limited contact with the outside world and their families, spending nights at a hotel and having their actions monitored by court security outside the courtroom during the duration of the trial.
One potential juror, who said she believed Zimmerman was innocent, said Thursday that sequestration would be a concern and that she didn't want to be separated from her husband. The woman, "E-81," said that "the walls started to close in" when she saw the word "sequester" on the jury questionnaire.
"I just want to sleep in my own bed at night," she said.
The jurors will be "kept together with court security and not allowed to go outside the group except in special circumstances," defense attorney Don West said in court Thursday afternoon, speaking to a potential juror. West said that visitation with family would be allowed, but said the sequestration would mean the jurors "would not be able to participate in day-to-day activity."
He said entertainment would be provided by court security, adding that it would be "something monitored."
Jury questioning was continuing Friday.